So, finally, Diwali is here. What are you all up to? Eating sweets, chocolates, accepting gifts that are so attractive and irresistible to take away your eyes and mouth from. Is it possible that you don’t gain weight during this Diwali? Yes, undoubtedly, you can enjoy this festive season without even gaining your weight. Well, this festival can turn out to be a hectic one for you, serving so many guests, meeting people, sleepless nights, over-eating and much other stuff. Just ensure that you stay in your balance so that you won’t be needing any detox post-Diwali.
Here, we have come up with many techniques and tips to ensure that you don’t experience much increase in weight this time and enjoy this great festival too:
- Gulkand is a must. A teaspoon of Gulkand at the starting of your day either individually or mixed in a glass of milk will work commendable. It ensures that your tummy is flat and thinner. It is also helpful in curing constipation, acidity and also bloating.
- Avoid the habit of fasting all day and eating directly at night. During the preparations, shopping, meeting people and cooking, take out some time for eating. You should eat in every two to three hours to avoid the problems of acidity and fatigue.
- Homemade sweets are the best. The sweets made at home are full of nutrients and most importantly are way too hygienic. They regulate the blood sugar in your body. They are prepared keeping your health concern in mind. Indulging in homemade stuff will end up on no more craving for the chocolate bars that are very unhealthy for your diet.
- The food which is packaged/processed should be avoided as they contain high carbohydrates and fats.
- In case you are having a plan of consuming Alcohol, make sure you drink it in your limits. Don’t over-drink, take slow sips.
- Before leaving home, do not leave empty-stomach. Eat some light food, like Poha, cheese toast, upma etc.
- In order to avoid the bad hangover the next day, drink alcohol along with the cheese. This will support your stomach in digesting the alcohol and other drinks easily without any difficulty.
- Don’t ever forget to drink water in all these hasty things. Apart from all the drinks and food, you are consuming, drink water in between.
Follow these simple steps and have a great, tension-free, safe Diwali. Happy Diwali!