Studying continuously for long hours is a challenge for most of us. This is the reason why most of us feel stranded during the time of examinations because we are not able to concentrate into things. The fear of examinations makes us anxious and we are not able to study in requisite amount thus, not be able to complete our revisions of the end moment. Ultimately, our marks are marred due to lack of practice. Well! Marks are important as our knowledge because they matter in the long run helping us gain admissions in reputable institutions especially, in the Indian Education System which is marks-oriented.
Though the practice of studying at the last moment is not appreciable but it is not wrong to accept the fact that every one of us tend to make the best use of the twelfth hour as we tend to remember and memorize the facts and figures at the maximum rate!
Well! Dear readers, herein we present to you the tips that would help you study and prepare for your examinations at the last minute: –
- The first and foremost thing is your belief. Yes, you should have enough confidence in yourself that you will be able to complete your syllabus and prepare all the topics. The ‘Yes, I can’ spirit helps you stay motivated and work efficiently till the end.
- Secondly, focus on working smartly. You must try to cover the important topics first and study coherently. Instead of mugging up each and every aspect, you must try to split the study material into small portions and focus on memorizing them. Well! Those small portions could be divided into sub-topics and remembered efficiently.
- Thirdly, stay away from distractions. Reduce your activity at the social media accounts of yours and keep your phone away from your sight. Yes, ‘out of sight, out of mind’ phenomenon is tremendously helpful and facilitate you focus on your studies.
- Fourthly, before starting you must take good rest and you must begin with a fresh mind. You must collect all your study material and keep ample amount of fruits, water and snacks with you. This helps you to sit and study constantly thus, streamlining your studying process.
- Don’t change your place frequently. Sit and study till your target is done. Getting up again and again result in distraction and then, developing the same concentration level again is both difficult and time-consuming.
- Follow 52-17 algorithm. Study for 52 minutes and take rest for rest 17 minutes. This methodology works as a therapy or precisely, a ‘placebo effect’. It replenishes your energy and helps you start afresh.
- While learning, opt for preparing flow charts and learn the things into point format. While practicing for examinations, one must practice by writing. In case you have a slow writing speed, set a timer of 5 minutes and try completing a selected amount of portion in 5 minutes. This helps in writing answers fast during examinations. Try preparing all your answers in lucrative style with a candid language and plenty of keywords.
- While learning, prefer to read a bit louder so that your ears can hear and comprehend your words. Self-hearing helps you to memorize the key points at a comparably faster rate.
- Try not wasting your mornings. Sit in the morning and give yourself a target to complete in your day. Try making a schedule for a day. Later, don’t deviate from your work, target and belief. Complete your work and prepare your topics soundly.
- Lastly, work diligently and practice all the important questions which are expected to come in the examination. Well! To crack any examination, it is important to know the methodology of solving the paper.
At a personal level, we don’t appreciate the last-minute study and we suggest studying regularly thus, increasing your knowledge-quotient however, at the same time, last-minute study has its own importance in lives of all students. Hope, these tips emerge to be useful.