Connect with us



THE unfortunate death of a 28 year of Union Public Service Commission aspirant from Karnataka n son of a retired govt employee Varun Subhash Chandra through commiting suicide by hanging to the fan at his Rajendra Nagar house in New Delhi on 4th of June as he was not allowed to appear in the preliminary entrance examination for being merely four minutes late despite his repeated humble requests has literally shattered me from inside as well as, might be, millions of others in the country who’d gone through this most distressing, shocking and anguishing news.

What is bad about this whole story is, the invigilator on duty never gives a rethinking or adopts a humanitarian angle to excuse the examinee and allow him for the exam than just denying him the chance for being just three, four minutes late. One would appreciate that the the person appearing for entrance exams, particularly for job avenues is already under tremendous mental and psychological pressure due to the poor or unstable econmic family backgroud. He or she devote their several days in preparation for such exams and are usually under abject pressure.

On reaching examination centres they get late for various compelling reasons like traffic congestion, hot weather conditions or their house being far away from the examination centres. The government agencies, conducting such exams should give a grace of atleast 15 minutes in such cases and instead, being adamant should satisfy themselves with genuine reasoning and allow entrance examination aspirants to appear than to just arrogantly, kick them out for merey being four minutes late as was the case with the 28 year old studious aspirant Varun Subhash Chandra.

There are hundreds of options to resolve such issues of late arrivals of the aspirants instead, sending them back resulting in cases of suicides and subsequent deaths. Majority of the students or such aspirants of UPSC exams do several days or months’ hard work in preparations in order to qualify them with flying colours and also invest hard earned money of their parents in such preparations. Therefore they are under mental and psycological pressures and are therefore unintentionally late by few minutes in cases of exception at examination centres as was this case. There are several other genuine reasons too for being negligibly late. In this case Varun had gone in a huff in some other Sarvodaya School in Paharganj construing it for the examination centre as was therefore late by mere 4 minutes.

But being harsh, adamant and non coperative with them is no solution to the problem. Now who would be resposible for the untimely death of this young gentleman and can the UPSC return back this son to the most traumatic and angushing parents. A brilliant son has lost his life just because his repeated genuine requests to let him sit in the exam were turned down by the person on duty in the examination hall for being merely four minute late and that too since he went to a wrong centre in a hurry n huff.

This is simply absurd and unacceptable. How can any one play with one’s career by just disallowing him or her to sit in exams for being late for few minutes without even thinking about the aftermath consequences. There are hundreds of such unfortunate cases happening all over the country in which intelligent and studious students are commiting suicides due to the adamant and non cooperative attitude of the people or officers in the sysyem. On the one hand we allegedly witness hundreds of thousands of cases of open cheating in exams at the behest of certain corrupt officials or managements of certain private institutions in league with the authorities concerned and cases of fake degress with the involvement of ministers and higher ups, going unnoticed or caught after they achieve political benefits on the other hand the innocent entrants are denied chances to appear in entrant examinations for just being few minutes late leading to suicides under psychlogical trauma n pressures as was the case with brilliant 28 year old boy from Karnataka.

Just imagine, what would be the conditiin of his reyired father, mother and the entire family who’d imparted him goodeducation, invested so much money to nurse his academic career and who was wishing to clear the UPSC entrance exam for a better future by seeking a job for future sustenance and career making. I am stunned, shocked and anguished. Such traumatic and shocking incidents warrants government agencies to find a wayout by relaxing rules to the convenience of the candidates appearing for various entrant exams government departments so as to ensure non occurance of suicides that happen due to the depression caused by denial to appear in these competetive entrance tests. In addition, the family of the deceased should be adequately financially compensated and an impartial inquiry launched to transparently arrive at the aspects of this unfortunate suicide death.

My heartfelt symapathies for the bereaved family and a question to one and all:


Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Niharika Ghia

    Jun 5, 2018 at 7:03 am

    4 to 5 minutes late not allowed for examination may be harsh but at the same time the candidates should leave home well before time keeping in mind all the uneventuallities. Exams norms should be followed by both supervisor and candidates. Clear timeline guidelines should be given well in advance. Unfortunate incident. Seems the person was mentally weak to handle the situation. Suicide is no solution

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Open gang rivalry at Burari in broad daylight take three tolls in a shootout



Delhi has become a hub for hardened criminals and the incidents of gang wars, chain snatchings and assault of women are on the rise with people of the capital city having no option but to be at the mercy of these anti social elements.

Not a single days goes when the newspapers are not full of news of gang wars or incidents of chain snatching, killings, women assaults, rapes and physical violence.

If one goes by the statistics of the Crime records bureau it is beyond his or her expectation to find the statistics of gangwars, chain snatchings and physical assaults and incidents of rapes and women assaults increasing day by day and beyond the capacity of the law enforcing agencies to bring them under control.

Just today at Burari Chowk two gangs fought each other in broad day light killing two gangsters of the rival group and an innocent women.

In all about five rounds were fired in this violent gangwar with three on the spot casualties with severely injured two gangsters.

The entire incident was caught on CCTV camera displaying the gangsters flashing pistols openly and firing at each other now being shown on television news.

The public around went helter and skelter to seek refuge while the Delhi police petrol party or policemen from the nearest police stations were conspicuous by their absense.

The warring gangsters were so undeterred or least worried by the police that they conveniently fired, roaming around, as if they have no fear of the police.

The residents of Burari are badly shocked and shaken by this broad day light gang war that killed three lives including an innocent woman with no fault of hers.

The police arrived after everybody fled the scene. However, the CCTV footage has captured the scenes of the crime showing each n every gangster waving their pistols, and killing three with injuries to two gangsters.

The majority of the unauthorised colonies situated in Delhi’s outskirsts have become the major hub for the perpetuation of the criminal activities and gangsterism and the police is doing very little to control the situation. The Mitraon village, Najafgarh’s protracted gang war that started with a disputed piece of land has so far claimed several lives of the families in dispute and is still on.

Today’s Burari shootout in North Delhi which claimed three lives with grievous injuries to two has shaken peoples’ confidence on police uthorities as their saviour or custodian.

The Crime Branch of Delhi police have already taken the crime scene in its possession and its collecting the finger print, the bullet covers and
every possible clue with precision to solve the case and arrest the culprits. The police is extremely confident to bring the culprits to justice at the earliest.They have also taken the CCTV footage in their possesion.


Continue Reading


Army kills four hardcore terrorists in Baandipura within hrs of ending the ceasefire



The prime minister Narendra Modi has vowed to teach a stringent lesson to the terrorists who killed the army troopers including Aurangzeb and a senior journalist Shujaat Bhukhari during Ramzan ceasefire in Kashmir a few days ago.

These terrorists would not be spared at any cost and should be killed within 72 hours to avenge the death of our patriotic brave heart soldiers said the rime minister.

Meanwhile, four hardcore terrorists have been killed by the Army in Baandipura sector on the first day of the government’s ceasefire.

The union government has also lifted the one month old cease fire deadline today . The home minister Rajnath Singh said that after the lifting of ceasefire the Army has resumed its counter terrorists operations as before but with more vigour and vitality.

Sources reveal that the Army operation has been intensified further and every effort is being made to kill maximum number of terrorists cladestinely operating from Bandipura forests and other areas being aided and abetted by ISI.

The Indian Army chief Vipin Rawat today visited the house of slained soldier Aurangzeb and expressed his heartfelt condolenses to the bereaved family. Genl. Rawat assured the bereaved family of all possible help including the adequate financial compensation. He said that the brutal killing and sacrifice of Aurangzeb would not go waste and the Army would not spare a single terrorist involved in the murder.

The Army has enhanced the combing operation and there are unambiguous indications that not a single militant will be spared in the near future.

It may be recalled that despite the union government announcing the ceasefire during the holy Ramazan the terrorists never relented and continued their attacks on a journalist and four army troopers who succumbed to the militants’ bullets including the incidents of massive stone throwing on the Armymen and security forces in Anantnag.

Continue Reading


Brave heart Aurangzed preferred death than lying to militants



Brave heart Aurangzed preferred death than lying to militants

A video released by the Hizbul Muzahiddeen militants who first abducted and then brutally killed a young Army soldier in retaliation , posted in Shopean district of Kashmir involved in the encounter of three Pak sponsored terrorists with Major Shukla namely Aurangzeb whose father and brother had been in Army answered all the queries of the militants bravely without telling a single lie despite knowing the severe consequenses. Brave heart Aurangzeb could have lied and asked for reprieve but he told the truth and preferred the deadliest death. Salutes.

The vedio which has become viral in the social media is showing the deceased brave heart, Aurangzeb having been tied to a tree with the vedio camera focussed on him facing volley of questions from his captors pertaining to the killing and thereafter allegedly mutilating the bodies of hard core terrorists Sameer Tiger, Talaa and one more.

These Hizbul Mujahideen militants were killed in an encounter a few days ago by a team of Armymen led by Major Shukla whom late Aurangzeb was also acompanying as his personal security guard. Aurangzeb had in the past too killed number of militants and was very much in the hit list of the hardcore militants of HM in Kashmir. Aurangzeb was abducted on 14th June while he was going on leave to his family on the eve of Eid.

It is believed that it might be the jungles of Pulwama where the Army trooper was tied before being killed brutally. It was the same fateful day when one of the leading journalists’ of Kashmir and the editor – in – chief of Rising Kashmir was gunned down alongside his two body guards in their twenties.

In the vedio late Aurangzed was shown tied to a tree in a jungle and being questioned by his abductors. He was asked whether he was in the killing party. The answer from the deceased soldier was in affirmation. The second question posed was : Was he the guard of Major Shukla protecting him during or before the encounter. The answer was yes.

The third question was : Did they got the official permission for the encounter. Aurangzeb replied in yes again. Did you killed one of the terrorists ? Yes, said the brave soldier. Did you killed terrorists earlier as well, asked the person in vedio? Yes came the answer. Did you mutilated the bodies? No , said Aurangzeb adding that he had gone away after the firing as his hand was injured.

He further said that it was not he or Major Shukla who mutilated the bodies but it was because of the gun fires. The terrorists never agreed on his honest replies and killed him brutally thereafter on the spot, though the killing vedio wasn’t shot or exhibited publicly.

Meanwhile even on the day of Ramzan hundreds of misguided angered youths are being showened pelting stones on security forces on television channels in Srinagar and Anantnag.

On the other hand hundreds of thousands of people raising anti establishment , anti militant and pro Bukhari slogans demanding death for the culprits, covered one kilometre distance on foot with the body of slained journalist Shujaat Bukhari in his native village Kreeri 37 kms away from the state capital where he was creamated with grief and tears in the eyes of countless friends, supporters and well wishers of the deceased journalist.

Continue Reading