Samsung launches its new flagship-Note8 in a press event in New York.
Samsung Galaxy Note lineup has always been a gold digger for Samsung. The elder sibling to the company’s S series, the note lineup has always attracted many consumers and has also been a platform for Samsung to execute its innovations. From Spen to the world’s first curved screen, the note series never failed to impress everyone. Unfortunately, last year for Samsung, things didn’t go as planned and their Note 7 was an explosive flop. But it’s all irrelevant now as the new Samsung Galaxy Note8 is here in all its glory and we’ve got everything you need to know about the latest and greatest smartphone from Samsung.
Samsung like every year took to the stage in New York and launched the Note8 in its unpacked event. The new flagship launch can be seen as one of the greatest comebacks in phone history after the events of last year. The Note8 has the best in class specifications for a flagship and they are as follows-
– 6.3in 1440×2160 Super AMOLED curved Infinity Display with 18.5:9 ratio
– S Pen support
– Iris scanner/fingerprint scanner
– Built-in ‘Bixby’ AI assistant
– Samsung Exynos 8895 CPU, 6GB RAM
– 12MP dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– USB-C connectivity, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Android 7.0 Nougat
– IP68 certification
– 64GB built-in storage, microSD expansion
– 3,300mAh battery.
– Fast charging, wireless charging support
– Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue color options.
- The updated Spen with a variety of new features
- Improved Bixby AI assistant with voice functionality
- Ability to take and edit notes on always on display
- New dual camera sensor
- New DeX features
- Curved 6.3 inch infinity display
There is only one downside of this phone and it is the battery. We understand Samsung’s move of placing a smaller battery in the Note8 but they could have easily added a 3600mah battery like in the s8+.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 has a lot of potentials to make a reasonable position in the market but only time will tell if it is able to win hearts or not. We should also not forget the fact that with the Pixel 2 and the iPhone just around the corner, it’ll be a tough one for Samsung.