Many a times, we plan to complete a task but at the end of the day, we are again left with our incomplete tasks, work pressure, frustration and dissatisfaction. Thus, we tend to regret to have wasted a complete day.
Okay, if you are in the same boat regretting to have wasted your day; herein, we have few tips to help you save your time and earn productive results at the end of the day.
- Follow a schedule for the day. In the morning, you can jot down the important tasks of your day and try sticking to them. You should diligently aim at completing your work.
- Avoid distractions. All you have to do is, set up your priorities and you must try to complete the task at higher priority level first.
- You should avoid the distractive sensory stimulations. Yes, while working, you should concentrate at your work without the distraction from your cellphone. You can switch off your internet and put your phone at the silent mode.
- You should avoid doing multi-tasking. Yes, it is better to complete a task efficiently rather than working on many tasks at a same time. Multi-tasking leads to decrease in efficiency and quality of the work thus, increasing the time.
- When doing a work for the first time, try to do it impeccably. Well! If you don’t work perfectly for the first time, you need to repeat it and it is again a time-consuming dint.
- Take a sheet of paper and make 24 columns in it. Mark each column as 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and so on till 24:00 as per the 24-hour clock. Cross your sleeping hours. Say if you sleep from 8:00pm to 6:00 am; cross from 20:00 to 24:00 and 1:00 to 6:00. Now for every hour, take out 5 minutes and list down the work done. Well! Now depending on your priorities; you can decide how much you wasted and improve later on.
- Give yourself a break of 5 minutes after an hour of continuous working. You can take deep breaths in order to rejuvenate your energy and then get back to your work afresh.
- Began to trust people especially when working as a team. In order to save your time, you must divide the tasks among your team members and complete your share of work. This way not only your time is saved but your quality of work also improves.
- Before starting your day, having the list of tasks to be completed is a must. However, it is more important to have well-defined objectives and clear goals for your day and your life to save your time in long run.
- Stop listening to your mind when it attracts you towards distractions. Try to set up small goals and stay determined to complete them. Don’t deviate from your scheduled routine.
Hope this helps to save your time and yield effective, productive results.
Stay tuned for such kind of articles.